MOVE to Play’s goal is to increase quality physical literacy and sport opportunities in every BC community. It is composed of both a framework to guide recreation and community centres through program development, training pathways, mentorship, and accountability as well as a training to support leaders in program development and delivery.
MOVE to Play Framework
The MOVE to Play Framework is an evidence-based resource to guide recreation and community programmers and leaders to develop quality physical literacy programs under four key areas: programming, training pathways, mentorship and program accountability.
The MOVE to Play framework outlines best practices and provides tools to plan, implement and evaluate physical literacy and sport programs in the four key areas mentioned above. The implementation of the framework will look differently based on region. Organizations have the option to work through the framework themselves, or work with a regional support to guide them through the process. The steps for working with a regional support are outlined below:
• Organizations will have an initial consultation to review existing structures and identify needs and priorities;
• Organizations will work with their regional MOVE to Play support to develop an action plan for implementation and evaluation;
• Further consultation can be provided through the implementations phases if needed.
MOVE to Play Training (3 Hours)
This interactive training offers recreation and sport leaders an opportunity to learn about both the theory and application of physical literacy. Leaders spend the majority of the course learning how to purposefully plan and deliver fun, inclusive, sport, and active-based programs. Leaders are introduced to various activities and variations on how the activities can be adapted for all users. Leaders will take away ready-to-use activities and resources for their next program. Overall, the workshop covers:
- Games and Program Delivery – Purposeful planning and progressions
- Feedback – Teaching points and how to use them for skill-development
- Lesson Planning – putting it all together and practice leading
If you have questions about how to implement MOVE to Play, please contact our Coordinator, Community Sport Services.