How to Participate in the Move to Learn Challenge
When children move, they are energized, focused, happy, and ready to learn! Recess and PE play a role in this, but the classroom itself is a great place to increase movement throughout the day, practice movement skills, and learn how to participate in physical activity in new settings with friends. Children are at their best when they move - so let's move!
The Move to Learn Challenge incorporates more movement into the classroom easily. Here's how to participate:
- Sign up for the challenge here on the webform below (www.pacificsportfraservalley.com/movetolearn)
- When you sign up, a physical literacy specialist known as a Movement Ambassador will be paired with you to facilitate movement in your classroom. The Movement Ambassador will contact you to arrange a short, 20-minute meeting with you. In this meeting, you will receive a Movement Kit* with equipment and a resource package with activities you can use. You and the Movement Ambassador will discuss some strategies to use the Movement Kit, and resources, in the classroom
- The Movement Ambassador will leave you with a Move to Learn Challenge Booklet to record your activities. Increase movement in whatever way you see fit for a two-week period in your classroom.
- Use the Move to Learn Challenge Booklet to record the activities you've completed. When the challenge is complete, your whole class will be entered to win a night out at a Vancouver Giants game sponsored by G & F Financial. Up to 15 classes will receive tickets for each student to attend with their classmates (each student can also bring one parent/guardian). Teachers will not be required to attend with their class.
- As an appreciation for all the work you do in your class and for participating in the Move to Learn Challenge, the Vancouver Giants would like to treat you (the teacher) with two tickets to a Vancouver Giants game of your choice.
* Note: Limited quantities available per school.