In order to #LeveltheField, women, girls, and allies of females in sport (of any identity) must raise each other up. In sustaining this spirit and momentum beyond just International Women's Day, PacificSport Fraser Valley hosts the Leading Female Sport Forward Workshop & Panel Discussion the evening of April 4 at SFU's Surrey Campus.
The purpose of this event is to inspire and embolden participants - the current and next generation of females in sport (and allies) to be brave leaders in the movement to #LevelTheField. Guided by facilitator Nadia Kyba of Now What Facilitation, participants will be encouraged to share their own challenges and highlight personal success stories of how inroads have been and can be made.
We also hope to use this platform as an opportunity to create a stronger, more cohesive network of committed allies for future opportunities to collaborate on this work. PacificSport Fraser Valley acknowledges that this is just one of many steps amid a long journey, but is a jumping off point to do further work - together.
- Participants feel inspired and empowered to be brave leaders in the movement to #LevelTheField, and they walk away with an emboldened sense of agency in their sport realm (be it for work, competition, or play);
- Begin to establish an expanded support system and network of committed allies for futurue opportunities to collaborate in the movement to #LevelTheField in the region
- The current and future generation of females in sport (female athletes, coaches, and support personnel)
- Allies of females in sport who are passionate and committed to the movement to #LevelTheField
Schedule of Events:
- 5:000-5:30pm Reception & Networking
- 5:30-6:30pm Panel Discussion and Q&A Period
- 6:30-8:00pm World Cafe-style Facilitated Workshop