JOIN OUR TEAM AS EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
PacificSport Fraser Valley - Powering Sport
As a member of the viaSport Regional Alliance, PacificSport Fraser Valley delivers sport performance programs to help athletes and coaches win medals for Canada, and supports provincial and local sport organizations, municipalities, the health sector, and educational institutes in their efforts to increase grass-root sport and physical literacy. Working in support of our national, provincial, and regional sport partners, PacificSport Fraser Valley is creating a stronger sport system, serving communities from Surrey to Hope.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and committed individual to join our PacificSport team in the role of Executive Director.
Purpose of Position
To be the senior leader for PacificSport Fraser Valley with responsibility for managing the centre's operations and guiding the governance of the organization. The Executive Director will champion the mission, vision, and values of the organization with a goal of increasing sport participation and performance opportunities throughout the Fraser Valley.
Education & Experience
- A master's degree in kinesiology, sport management, business, marketing, or a related field, and 3 years experience in a management role, or a combination of an undergraduate degree in those fields together with a minimum of 5 years experience in a management role;
- Experience with strategic program development, design, and implementation;
- A strong understanding of financial planning and monitoring;
- Experience in revenue generation (e.g. through programs, fundraising initiatives, corporate sponsorship);
- Experience in developing and nurturing partnerships;
- Experience in governance and supporting relationships with a Board of Directors an asset;
- Experience with marketing and communications an asset.
Skills & Knowledge
- Ability to think strategically and build consensus around a vision;
- Ability to foster a team atmosphere among staff and stakeholders;
- Knowledge in developing and implementing a revenue-generation plan;
- Knowledge of regional, provincial, and national organizations and their connections with the local sport, education, and recreation sectors;
- Ability to prepare and present plans, reports, and submissions, both written and oral;
- Ability to work autonomously, take initiative, and make independent decisions;
- Ability to organize a diverse workload, taking into consideration priorities, deadlines, and outcomes;
- Ability to interact and lead with stakeholders from various sectors.
Location: Langley, BC
Salary Range: $65,000 - $70,000
To apply, send a cover letter and resume as one document saved under your first and last name by email to email@example.com with the subject line reading Attention: Jared Kope, PacificSport Fraser Valley. Please indicate clearly in the subject line or cover email the job title and Competition #FV-02-07.
All applicants must submit a cover letter along with a resume in order to be considered for the position (including those who apply via job sites, i.e. Indeed).
Closing Date: 4:00pm (Pacific time) on March 1st, 2019.