Sport councils bring together champions in sport within a community and work towards ensuring accessibility to sport for all residents and strengthening sport organizations in the region.
PacificSport Fraser Valley is an active contributor to local Fraser Valley sport councils and provides opportunities and support for local sport organizations, including:
- Coaching opportunities
- Promotional opportunities - event/program information, job postings, etc. on social media and PSFV website
- Support with strategic planning
- Support with grant-writing
- Best practices and resources within the sport and physical literacy community
The Mission Sports Council was formed in 2015 by a group of committed sports enthusiasts in Mission with the support of the Mission Parks, Recreation, and Culture Department. The Council is a non-profit society governed by its Board of Directors. Meetings are held monthly and are open to all members of the Mission sport community.
The purpose of the Mission Sports Council is:
- To ensure accessibility of sport for all residents of Mission;
- Advocate for the values and benefits of sport;
- Foster and promote sense of fair play, cooperation, and leadership;
- Facilitate effective communication among Mission sport and community organizations and all levels of government;
- Promote sport development and strengthen sport organizations in Mission;
- Create a voice for sport;
- Facilitate education and training opportunities for athletes, coaches, officials, administrators, parents, and volunteers;
- Promote the improvement of the quality of sport and physical activity of participants of all ages in Mission.
Contact: Taylor McBeth - email@example.com
The Maple Ridge Sport Network is comprised of representatives from local sport organizations/associations, School District 42, Fraser Health, and individuals who are passionate about sport and physical activity in the community. The Sport Network promotes and supports a coordinated and cooperative approach in identifying common interests and goals among our community sport groups and residents. The Maple Ridge Sport Network will work to strengthen the Maple Ridge community through life-long sport and physical activity opportunities, sport development and educational workshops, and creating accessible and affordable recreation activities for all its residents.
The benefits of being part of the Maple Ridge Sport Network:
- Recognition of your athletes and sport;
- Promotional opportunities through Maple Ridge Parks, Recreation & Culture media;
- Meeting rooms for executive board meetings and annual general meetings;
- Access to the Maple Ridge Leisure Centre and other community facilities;
- Community networking opportunities;
- Leadership development opportunities for athletes, coaches, and volunteers.