PacificSport Fraser Valley acknowledges the significant contribution of PacificSport-affiliated coaches and their commitment to the development of high performance athletes. PacificSport recognizes the need for financial aid for travel and professional development opportunities (refer to criteria below). These grants are made possible by the annual Operation Red Nose fundraising program and the Sweepstakes for Sport Corporate Curling Challenge, and through funds donated to PacificSport Fraser Valley's Powering Sport Fund.
Eligibility & Additional Information
- Coaches must be registered with PacificSport Fraser Valley at the time of application submission.
- Expenses reported in this application must be incurred by the coach during the coach’s current year of registration with PacificSport Fraser Valley; and expenses must be related to coaching a PacificSport registered athlete or team (i.e. you may not apply for funds for a swimming course if you are registered with PacificSport as a rugby coach).
- Professional Development expenses may include sport-related conferences, NCCP courses, or other professional development opportunitites.
- Travel expenses may include flights, accommodation, ferry, gas, or other means of travel to competition.
- Applicants may be required to provide supporting documentation.
- Participation in PacificSport-hosted events or community involvement is strongly encouraged. Coaches not showing involvement are less likely to be considered for grants.
- Although it may not be possible to cover all expenses incurred, you are encouraged to report all applicable expenses.
The application process for the 2020 PacificSport Fraser Valley Coach Grants is now closed. You will be notified by March 16 if you are a successful recipient. Thank you all for your applications!
If you have any questions, please contact Alana See.