PacificSport Fraser Valley acknowledges the significant contribution of PacificSport-affiliated coaches and their commitment to the development of high performance athletes. PacificSport recognizes the need for financial aid for travel and professional development opportunities (refer to criteria below). These grants are made possible by the annual Operation Red Nose fundraising program and the Sweepstakes for Sport Corporate Curling Challenge both hosted by PacificSport Fraser Valley, and through funds donated to PacificSport Fraser Valley's Powering Sport Fund.
Eligibility & Additional Information
- Coaches must be registered with PacificSport Fraser Valley at the time of application.
- Expenses reported in this application must be incurred by the coach during the current year of registration with PacificSport Fraser Valley, and expenses must be related to coaching a PacificSport/CSI-registered athlete or team (i.e. You may not apply for funds for a swimming course if you are registered with PacificSport as a rugby coach, and you may not apply for funds incurred for a competition at which you were not coaching PacificSport/CSI-registered athletes).
- Professional Development Grant expenses may include sport-related conferences, NCCP courses, or other professional development opportunities.
- Travel Grant funds will be used to reimburse travel expenses (i.e. flights, accommodation, ferry, etc.) incurred up to a maximum of $500.00.
- Applicants may be required to provide supporting documentation.
- Participation in PacificSport-hosted events is strongly encouraged throughout the year.
- You are encouraged to report all applicable expenses.
The next deadline to submit grant applications for the 2019 year is February 15, 2019. Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted. A second round of grant applications will open in summer 2019.
How to Apply
To download the Winter 2019 Grant Application, click here. Please be sure to save the document to your own files. This document can be filled out on the computer - just be sure to save the document under a new file name after filling it out. You may also print out the document and fill out the form by hand.
Information on how to submit both electronic and hardcopy applications is provided in the application document.
If you have any questions, please contact Alana See at email@example.com or at 604-746-0603.