PacificSport Fraser Valley acknowledges the significant contribution of PacificSport-affiliated coaches and their commitment to the development of high performance athletes. PacificSport recognizes the need for financial aid for travel and professional development opportunities (refer to criteria below). These grants are made possible by the annual Operation Red Nose fundraising program and the Sweepstakes for Sport Corporate Curling Challenge, and through funds donated to PacificSport Fraser Valley's Powering Sport Fund.
Eligibility & Additional Information
- Coaches must be registered with PacificSport Fraser Valley at the time of application submission.
- Expenses reported in this application must be incurred by the coach during the coach’s current year of registration with PacificSport Fraser Valley; and expenses must be related to coaching a PacificSport registered athlete or team (i.e. you may not apply for funds for a swimming course if you are registered with PacificSport as a rugby coach).
- Professional Development expenses may include sport-related conferences, NCCP courses, or other professional development opportunitites.
- Travel expenses may include flights, accommodation, ferry, gas, or other means of travel to competition.
- Applicants may be required to provide supporting documentation.
- Participation in PacificSport-hosted events or community involvement is strongly encouraged. Coaches not showing involvement are less likely to be considered for grants.
- Although it may not be possible to cover all expenses incurred, you are encouraged to report all applicable expenses.
The next deadline to submit grant applications for the 2020 year is February 29, 2020 at 11:59pm. Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted.
How to Apply
To download the 2020 Coach Grant Application, click here. Please be sure to save the document to your own files before you begin filling out the document. This document can be filled out on the computer - just be sure to save the document under a new file name after filling it out. You may also print out the document and fill out the form legibly by hand.
Information on how to submit both electronic and hardcopy applications is provided in the application document.
If you have any questions, please contact Alana See at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 778-870-3777.