Are you eligible to register with PacificSport/the Canadian Sport Institute?
PacificSport Fraser Valley recognizes that every athlete deserves the support of a qualified coach. We work closely with Canadian Sport Institute Pacific and provincial sport partners to ensure that coach eligibility and the related criteria is clear.
PacificSport Fraser Valley registers performance coaches who have been identified in two different ways:
1. Must be nominated by their NSO/PSO and actively coaching a nominated targeted athlete; AND Must have NCCP accreditation in the old Levels (minimum 3-4) or new NCCP Competition-Development Context Trained (or equivalent) or be a Chartered Professional Coach
Note: In circumstances where coaches may not meet minimum NCCP requirements, an exemption letter may be granted from the designated Canadian Sport Institute that indicates:
- The duration of the exemption may extend for no more than two years;
- A plan to achieve necessary NCCP qualifications;
- That only one exemption will be issued.
2. Be a coach currently enrolled in the Advanced Coaching Diploma (ACD) program, or an ACD alumni who remains actively coaching or involved in mentoring/training other coaches.
Before receiving your initial Coach Services card, you must contact the Manager, High Performance Services.