PacificSport Fraser Valley recognizes the need for financial aid to support the training and competition needs of athletes throughout the province of British Columbia. The intent of these grants is to provide assistance to athletes for out-of-pocket expenses relating to competition travel or performance services.
The PacificSport Fraser Valley Athlete Grants are made possible by the annual Operation Red Nose fundraising program, the Sweepstakes for Sport Corporate Curling Challenge, and through funds donated to PacificSport Fraser Valley via the Powering Sport Fund.
Eligibility & Additional Information
- Athletes must be registered with PacificSport Fraser Valley at the time of application submission.
- Expenses reported in this application must be incurred by the athlete or the athlete’s family during the athlete’s current year of registration with PacificSport Fraser Valley.
- Expenses reported in this application must be for the sport for which the athlete is registered (i.e. if you are registered for rugby, then expenses must be for rugby).
- Performance Services expenses may include mental training, nutrition, strength and conditioning, physiotherapy, or other rehabilitative services not covered by insurance, OR the cost of an extended health care plan.
- Travel expenses may include flights, accommodation, ferry, gas, or other means of travel to competition.
- Athletes sanctioned and funded by the NCAA are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants may be required to provide supporting documentation.
- Participation in PacificSport-hosted events or community involvement is strongly encouraged. Athletes not showing involvement are less likely to be considered for grants.
- Although it may not be possible to cover all expenses incurred, you are encouraged to report all applicable expenses.
The application process for the 2020 PacificSport Fraser Valley Athlete Grants is now closed. You will be notified by March 16 if you are a successful recipient. Thank you all for your applications!
If you have any questions, please contact Alana See.