Are you eligible to register with PacificSport/the Canadian Sport Institute?
See the below for four registration levels consistent with the athlete performance pathway in BC.
|PACIFICSPORT/CANADIAN SPORT INSTITUTE CARD||ATHLETE LEVEL||SERVICE ACCESS||HOW DO I KNOW IF I QUALIFY?|
|PODIUM||Own The Podium (OTP) Tier 1||All Centres||Receive notification from Own The Podium as Tier 1; appear on the Own The Podium Tier 1 List|
|CANADIAN ELITE||Sport Canada (SR-1, SR-2, SR, C-1, D)||All Centres||Receive notification from Sport Canada; Appear on the Sport Canada AAP Carding List. Contact your National Sport Organization (NSO) for criteria.|
|CANADIAN DEVELOPMENT||Identified national performance athletes not receiving Sport Canada AAP funding||Within Centre of Registration (i.e. receives services through centre with which the athlete is registered)||Nominated by Provincial Sport Organization (PSO) and received letter confirming eligibility. Contact your PSO for sport-specific criteria.|
|PROVINCIAL DEVELOPMENT||Identified provincial performance athletes||Within Centre of Registration (i.e. receives services through centre with which the athlete is registered)||Nominated by Provincial Sport Organization (PSO) and received letter confirming eligibility. Contact your PSO for sport-specific criteria.|
Before receiving your initial Athlete card, or renewing your existing Athlete card, you must submit a signed Athlete Agreement Form (PDF) to your Athlete Services Representative at your centre of registration.
I meet the criteria - what now?
You meet the criteria and received confirmation from your provincial or national sport organization/governing body of your eligibility. If that is the case, please contact the appropriate Athlete Coach Services Representative at your designated centre (usually the centre closest to your primary place of residence or primary training region) to set up an intake meeting and receive your full registration instructions.
Regional Centre contacts:
- Fraser Valley (Surrey/White Rock, Pitt Meadows, Maple Ridge, Langley, Abbotsford, Mission, Chilliwack, Hope) - PacificSport Fraser Valley
- Metro Vancouver (Vancouver, Richmond, Delta, North Vancouver, West Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster, Coquitlam, Port Moody, Port Coquitlam) - Canadian Sport Institute Pacific Vancouver Campus
- Sea-to-Sky (Squamish, Whistler, Pemberton) - Canadian Sport Institute Pacific Whistler Campus
- Interior BC (Kamloops, Sun Peaks, Barriere, Clearwater, Salmon Arm, Sicamous, Lytton, 100 Mile House) - PacificSport Interior BC
- Okanagan (Kelowna, Vernon, Enderby, Penticton, Osoyoos) - PacificSport Okanagan
- North/Central Vancouver Island (Nanaimo, North and Central Island) - PacificSport Vancouver Island
- Greater Victoria (Victoria and South Island) - Canadian Sport Institute Pacific Victoria Campus
In the interest of time and efficiency, we welcome and encourage team intakes for teams with numerous eligible athletes. Contact your appropriate Athlete Services Representative at your designated centre to schedule a team intake at your next practice or training camp.